Education and Program Associate
The Jewish Community Relations Bureau|AJC seeks a talented and dynamic professional to serve as its Education and Program Associate. This position will help to directly prevent and address antisemitism by expanding JCRB|AJC’s reach in schools around the region; working with parents, students, and schools to address incidents when they occur; and working collaboratively with schools to implement proactive approaches to fostering a pluralistic and safe environment. A key role of this position will be to oversee and implement Leaders For Tomorrow (LFT), AJC’s leadership and advocacy program for Jewish high school students. This position will also oversee and implement JCRB|AJC’s public educational and interfaith programs.
JCRB|AJC is an agency whose mission is to advocate and educate, on behalf of the Jewish community, to eliminate injustice and discrimination at home and abroad, by building bridges with other faith and minority communities, government officials, law enforcement, schools, and civic leaders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees, coordinates, and implements the Leaders for Tomorrow (LFT) program, AJC’s seven-month program that trains high school students to be effective leaders and advocates for the Jewish people; includes recruitment and parent and alumni engagement.
- Cultivates relationships with school administrators and teachers, and works with JCRB|AJC Education Committee to help expand our reach to schools around the region.
- Coordinates the distribution of Jewish holiday calendars to area schools, companies, and organizations.
- Works with JCRB|AJC Education Committee, Executive Director, and educational leaders to help develop and implement proactive programs and approaches to promote pluralism and understanding in schools.
- Works with Executive Director to address incidents of antisemitism in schools, serving as a partner for parents, students, and school leadership to achieve a positive outcome.
- Implements JCRB|AJC’s public programs and events throughout the year, including our interfaith Unity Seder and educational programs with guest experts on topics related to Israel, antisemitism, and social justice; includes administrative and logistical support.
- Works with JCRB|AJC staff to create social media and email promotions for public events.
- Provides administrative and programmatic support for JCRB|AJC’s annual Human Relations Dinner, as needed.
Required Skills, Abilities, Characteristics & Experience
- BA degree preferred; 1-3 years of related experience
- Strong knowledge of Judaism, the Jewish community, and Israel is essential
- Experience working with youth and/or teens, preferably in a Jewish setting
- Strong emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills; energetic, amicable and flexible, and self-motivated
- Impeccable organizational skills and follow-through, with ability to prioritize with supervisor and multitask
- Excellent administrative skills; strong attention to detail is required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, database programs and the internet; experience with social media is preferred
- Ability to perform manual duties such as lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds; operate office equipment which may require stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to travel to meeting sites by motor vehicle when required
- Ability to learn technical skills
- Ability to withstand stressful situations
- Ability to multitask
Compensation and Schedule:
This is a full-time, exempt position beginning immediately, with the need for some evening or weekend hours. The annual salary is competitive and within a range of $35,000 - $50,000 depending upon experience. Health, dental, life insurance and 401k plan available.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
JCRB|AJC is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and record of arrest or conviction.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.